新! Pre-Vocational探索 Course
这个令人振奋的, all-new program opens the doors to the Tech Center like never before, creating an option for students who are ready to learn the very basics of being a good employee, 包括:
学生 in this year-long program explore one of the following areas each quarter:
- 人类服务 (teaching, childcare, hospitality)
- 工业技术 (automotive, manufacturing, construction)
- 业务服务 (marketing, retail, office services)
- General vocational skill development (工作安全、工作文化)
像我们的 Intro to Career Technical Education and traditional programs, students learn in the classroom and get hands-on experience in our labs. They also continue the development of their Educational Development Plan (EDP), post-secondary education and work goals, and any Transition Plan activities.
学生 who successfully complete this program have several options for their next step.
*The Pre-Vocational探索 program is not a state-approved CTE program. Completion of the program counts as elective credit.
你好! I'm the 业务服务 instructor for the Pre-Vocational探索 program. I've been teaching 13-14 years and I really love the area in which I teach because it empowers my students with skills or knowledge to gain jobs on their own.
- Adapted Vocational Education English Language 艺术 teacher at KTC (2012 - Present)
- 7th & 8th grade Social Studies teacher at Forest Area Community Schools (Fife Lake, MI)
- Journalism/World History/Economics teacher at the Beaver Island Lighthouse School (Beaver Island, MI)
- Tutor/Instructor at Sylvan Learning Center (Traverse City, MI)
- Government teacher at Thurgood Marshall 高中 (Missouri City, TX)
- English teacher at Hightower 高中 (Missouri City, TX)
- Cashier Supervisor at Sam’s Club (2003-2008)
- Bachelor in Group Social Studies Education with a minor in English from Grand Valley State University (2008)
- Masters in Educational Technology from Grand Valley State University (2014)
- Masters of Education In Literacy Studies from Grand Valley State University (2022)
My husband and I love to travel and we have walked on a glacier in Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada and traveled to Sri Lanka. I love speaking Spanish, love music, animals and sports-especially NCAA football and basketball. 当秋天和三月到来时, you will find me glued to my TV either cheering on Michigan, 密歇根州立, 阿拉巴马州, 奥本, Texas or the University of Miami. I have been singing since age 4 and tried out for America’s Got Talent while I was living and teaching in Houston, TX. I grew up on a farm and have four sisters.
你好，我是杨小姐. 他们! I started as the CTE or Career Tech Education Specialist for the Child & 家庭护理教室, making sure that the needs of the students were met and also assisting the teacher in the classroom with planning and implementing ideas. I am excited to now be the 人类服务 instructor for Pre-Vocational探索.
I hold childcare certifications in CPR/First Aid, Cognitive Coaching, & 学校安全. I also have a Bachelor's Degree in Child Development and Sociology, 专注于年轻人, from Central Michigan University. I have been working with children since I was in the 10th grade. I have experience in After School/Summer programs, 天关心, as well as being a Reading Specialist and now a Career Tech Specialist. I also have a small business tutoring elementary students.
I enjoy watching football, shopping, and playing with my son.
你好! My name is 巴里Wackerle and I am the 工业技术 Instructor in the Pre-Vocational探索 program. My passion is to help others and I believe my purpose in life is to teach young people so they can become successful individuals. I thoroughly enjoy teaching and feel rewarded for helping students learn.
- Drafting, Technology Education and Wood Technology Instructor since 2006
- Bachelor's degree in 工业技术 Education (IX) from Central Michigan University
- Earth/Space Science endorsement (DH).
- Working on my Master's degree in Career and Technical Education through Ferris State University.
My wife and I have three children, a dog and a cat. I have a deep love for the outdoors and enjoy many outdoor activities such as hunting, 钓鱼, cross-country motorcycle riding and snowmobiling. I enjoy fixing my own cars and trucks and I am very interested in performance engines of all types. My greatest joy in life is spending time with my family.